So Trent and I decided to go on a romantic getaway to Playa del Carmen, Mexico last week. Trent called it our farewell tour since it's probably the last trip we could go on without the kids for quite a while since we're moving a few states away from our most trusted babysitters, my mom and Trent's mom. I need to give a shout out to both of them for watching the kids for 8 days while we were away. It was such a nice break for me! Although by the fourth day I was really missing the kids. We stayed a little too busy with activities...golfing, swimming with dolphins, a water park, Chichen Itza, a day at the spa, swimming in an underground cave, a romantic candelight dinner on the beach. There was a really cool eco park we wanted to hit on the last day but we were too pooped so we lounged by the pool and the beach instead. It really was a blast though. And for those of you that haven't tried an all-inclusive vacation yet, you've got to try it! It was so nice to have our food already included. There were nine restaurants to choose from and only one required reservations so we could go anywhere anytime and order whatever we wanted. We seriously both gained 5 pounds. I was proud of us for working out twice, but we ate mini cheesecakes and ordered room service like there was no tomorrow!

The view from our balcony
Trent couldn't resist going golfing.

Chichen Itza was so amazing. We went on a tour van and it was an all day thing. We made stops at a Mayan village, a Mexican town, and an underground cave we went swimming in.

Replica of a typical Mayan home in Chichen Itza.

Inside a natural underground cave pool near Chichen Itza. It was amazing. I wish I had a tripod so I could get a picture. It was too dark. We got to swim in it! The water was turqoise and there were tree roots and stalagmites hanging down all over the place.
Small town in Mexico we stopped in on the way back from Chichen Itza. Of course the little kids were selling Chiclets. It was a neat little town and it was cool to see what "real" Mexico looks like. The kids loved us. We were such suckers. We gave away all our cash and then had to run to the ATM at the hotel to get some more cash to tip our tour guide!
Swimming with the dolphins was so much fun! They are so cute and so smart!!
The dolphins did all sorts of fun tricks for us.
Crazy hotel towel origami. It was incredible. Who knew you could do that stuff with towels! They left us something new every night.
On the beach by our resort.
I couldn't keep Trent off his blackberry and laptop. Even when he's on vacation he can't escape work. It drove me a little crazy.
Scary dude in a costume. This was on a cool street full of restaurants, shops, and clubs just a street away from our resort.

13 comments:
WOW! How fun! I was wondering why you guys looked so tan on Sunday. There's nothing like a vacation away from the kids and life in general. Cute pictures. I love the one on the bench.
That last picture is adorable! Blow it up and frame it!!! That is too cute! I'm so jealous! It looks like you guys had such a good time! For sure a much NEEDED vacation for the both of you!
How fun! I'm so jealous! I've wanted to go back there for nearly 10 years and now I really want to go back, after reading about all the fun you had! We did the all inclusive hotel too. So so nice, except there were only 3 restaurants. I still have not accepted the fact that you guys are moving! And I probably won't until you don't show up in primary for a few weeks.
Adam and I are fans of the All-inclusive too. 1 on 1 time is so rare at this stage of life, you will always be glad that you spent that time together.
You better be dang good at the blog thing when you move, I love to check in on your family and see your cute kids grow up.
Lv
Nicole
I'm so glad you posted pictures of your vacation. It looks like SO MUCH FUN! I want to swim with the dolphins... but I'm kinda scared. I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. I still really want to plan a mini-vacation with you guys before you move- for sure!
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time! It's good you were able to get away with just the two of you. Cute pics! We went to Cancun a few years ago, but decided against the all-inclusive. I think we'll have to try it next time.
What a fun adventure!!It looked beautiful! Chichen Itza is such a cool place! The whole blackberry and laptop is all too familiar! I'm glad you had fun! Do you have an actual date when you are moving? That is so sad!!!!!
FUN!!
That last pic is pricless!
I've been so excited to see your pictures!! Because I know how totally talented you are I'll expect to see some towel folding like that next time I'm over!
Heavenly! I am so glad you guys were able to make it Mexico without the kiddos. Next time Erik and I want to come too. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon. You have to come visit us when Trent comes to Denver.......Love you guys!
Hey girl, I saw your blog on the Templin's and couldn't resist to snoop a little bit! How are you doing? Your family is adorable! I'm jealous of your vacation, it's been awhile since Jon and I were able to escape but I can't complain. Anyway, drop me a line when you get a chance :)
TC Jones Jolley
OH I'm so jealous... we need a vaction soooo badly too! Looks like you had a great time... so glad!
So much FUN!! I love all-inclusive!! Good luck on the move! IS it soon?
Post a Comment