Every day I am amazed at how much Whitney adores her big brother--or "big brudder" in Whit's language. She follows him literally everywhere he goes and she is completely distraught when Luke is at school or a friend's house. We took the kids to Arctic Circle the other day to play and she tried to keep up with him all the while yelling, "Lukey! Lukey! Where are you?!" The poor guy can't even go to the bathroom without her following. Luke gets a little sick of it sometimes and the gloves come off, especially when Whitney's trying to take things away from him. But he can be the sweetest and often protective brother with her too. I got a taste of it during the same Arctic Circle outing. Inside the play tunnels, a little boy pushed Whitney and Luke slugged him one. I had to discipline him of course (well, I just told him to come get mommy next time instead of hitting). Secretly though, I thought it was cute that he was looking out for her and I was kind of proud of him...especially since he's not a very aggressive kid (I know. I'm terrible!). I'm just glad they have each other.
9 comments:
That is so cute, I always wanted a big brother.
Lv
Nicole
How sweet is that! Hard call on disciplining him. I would continue to incourage him to protect his little sister. I had 3 big brothers. They were so mean to me, but if anyone else was mean to me they had better watch out! I love those pictures, at our house those moments seem to be few and far between. I guess I should try to catch the moments so I can remember they do love each other.
Too cute! Bryson has done that with Lilly a couple times and you dont' know whether or not to discipline them cause they are only protecting someone else. Luke iwll always do that for whitney!
such cute pictures! They are so fun. I had a similar thing where McKinley got mad at someone for being mean to Ireland, but I was secretly proud that she looked after her so much. It's so neat to see.
That is sooo cute! Sibling love... oh boy! Did you cut whitney's hair? They are just too adorable!
Oh that is sooooo cute!! I love that he sticks up for his little sis! He will always be that way with her, I'm sure! How adorable! That second picture is crazy how much they both look alike!
What cute, cute kids!
I'll I can say is Trent is probably thrilled to here that Luke was "tuff!" Personally I love how sweet he is.
How cute! He needs to come and teach Karson how to be tough and stick up for his sister. Love the pictures. We need you to come and take some of our kids. Miss you guys. :)
Ok that has to be the cutest thing ever! I always felt so left out that I never had a brother. SOOO CUTE!
Post a Comment