Sunday, September 13, 2009

Visitors

We've been lucky enough to spend a little time with some family and friends over the past few weeks. It has been so great to see some familiar faces.

My dad was coincidentally here for work so we were able to spend a day with him. I wish he could have stayed longer, but Luke and Whitney were sure happy to see their grandpa. It broke my heart when he had to leave.

Checking out the house. It's coming along! We have cabinets and paint now, so I'm hoping maybe just 4 more weeks or so.


Grandpa brought presents!

The kids really miss their grandparents. We get on a webcam with them about once a week so the kids can still sort of see them.

Our good friend, Erik, came to stay with us and go to the BYU game at the new Cowboys stadium with Trent. We met Erik and Anna-Lise in our ward right after we got married and they have been some of our best friends ever since. They currently live in Denver, but we're trying to talk them into relocating to Dallas! Erik actually grew up in Dallas so we spent a little time driving around his old stomping grounds while he was here.

Trent hates taking pictures, so I'm happy that Erik made him take a few. Thanks Erik!

Go Cougars! Erik is a huge BYU fan too. He's an alum.

They had great seats and had a blast.

Last but not least, Trent's little brother Chase spent the summer working here in Dallas. We were able to hang out and go to dinner with him a few times.

Luke thinks Uncle Chase is pretty cool.

9 comments:

Keri said...

We sooo miss you guys!! You should post some pics of the new house!! I'm way excited for you!

Kassie said...

How freakin rad/wonderful/amazing was that game!!!?

Anonymous said...

If you could see me now my eyes are seriously misty!! I miss you and am so glad to see how you're doing. I miss you cute kiddos. Hope the house is moving fast.

Mindy Holt said...

How fun! That would of been an awesome time. Totally awesome game. Great to hear from you today.

Kayla W. said...

I am so glad the kids were able to see your dad & Chase! We definitely miss you guys!!! When you get a chance, you should post more photos of the progress on your home. Cole & I are dying to see it!

Julie said...

Ooh! Sounds like your house is coming along! and how fun to have your dad come visit!
Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Erik had such a great time out there!! Thanks for letting him come and have a great time. You were a fabulous host, wish me and the kids could have come. We have to catch up! I will give you a call in the next few days. I hope things are going well and you are getting closer to your move in date!

Mitchell Family said...

So, how are you liking it there? Looks like it is going good!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Hi Carrie! How are you guys? How is Texas?
Well, a YEAR after we were hoping we'd move, we are finally putting our home on the market.
I remember you went through a company that put you on the MLS for a fee. Could you e-mail me @ sunkist64@hotmail.com & tell me more about them & if you liked them?
Thanks! Hope all is well for you guys!