With our sweet father and husband commuting to Dallas every single week for work, I try my best to take advantage of our weekends together. So a few Saturdays ago, I decided it would be fun to take the kids sledding at a nearby park before all the snow melted. I don't need to tell all you moms out there what an ordeal it is to get kids fed, dressed in snow attire and out the door in a satisfactory time frame. Luke ate his cereal only after numerous threats that we wouldn't go anywhere unless he did, then he couldn't find his gloves and then once all his snow clothes were on and zipped he decided he needed to go to the bathroom again. Our sometimes not so adorable Whitney was screaming at the top of her lungs because the hat I just put on her was bugging her and when I suggested that we just take the hat off she screamed even louder. Then she tugged and pulled at her coat and snow pants trying to pull them off with tears and snot running down her face. I guess she didn't like feeling like the Stay Puft marshmallow man in all those clothes. Trent (whom I sometimes refer to as my third child) was whining because he didn't even have snow clothes. Trent's not much of an outdoorsman. He had to scrounge up some lined warm up pants and sneakers to wear. Any other day, this would have been enough to make me give up on the outing all together, but I was determined to have some good old fashioned family fun whether my family liked it or not. I felt like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. As it turned out, we actually did have fun. And I think Trent was glad I forced everyone to go...although you'll never get him to admit it!


3 comments:
Cute pictures Carrie! and I loved and totally related to your story about getting everyone out to door to go have some family fun. At least in my family, if it were up to Jason, we'd be sitting on the couch watching TV in our PJs all day.
Great story!!
I'm proud of your motivation. My family would have probably ended up in a fight. :)
How cute! That looks like so much fun! My kids are not into the sledding thing! they are major wusses when it comes to the cold!
Post a Comment